Fabric dyeing

Fabric Dyeing 
                                                                                 




 Because of lockdown I've been finding it hard to source material so i chose to get a variety of white fabrics to see if I could dye and print onto them while being at home.
I used calico for my first series of tests because I had this at home and from previous experience with this fabric I know its easy to dye and play with.


First test I tried acrylic painted on bubble wrap then pressed onto the fabric. I wanted to look at the texture and pattern the bubble wrap makes. I felt this test went well. I like that it looks like sucker from a tentacle but maybe I need to try bigger bubblewrap.
My next test was my favourite outcome. This is eyeballs drawn on using fabric markers. I can add detailing on the fabric with these the only downside it would take a while to do. what if I used screen print? Can I do this at home?
This test was done using drawing ink I had in my art supply. I like this but its a bit diluted not giving me the colours that I wanted to see but im going to try it straight onto the fabric see what this creates.

I've now moved onto another type of fabric. This is a stretch denim in white. I went back to trying the drawing inks and because this was pure white it worked so much better. Im thinking this would be a good technique and fabric to use for one of my garments.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Three

Final piece

Design Four