Gender?



What is GENDER?

Historically people have been put in 'boxes' in terms of what clothing is considered acceptable for society.
Males would typically be seen wearing a suit, women shown in skirts with frills, ruffles and so much more. This is ok for some people in the world, but for trans and non binary its hard to choose clothes from selections that don't represent you.

I've created a 'gender' moodboard. On this I've chosen images to represent typical male and female clothing. Male in suits, shirts and formal uniform. For the female side I've chosen colours and frills that were more seen as female. I've chosen to use, also typical, gender colours of pink and blue.
My next step is to alternate between stereotypical ideals representing the two genders and find ways to mix them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Three

Final piece

Design Four